It is school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in a school organised event outside normal school hours.
The policy for school uniform is based on the notion that it:-
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- generates a sense of community and belonging toward the school;
- is practical and smart;
- is designed with consideration of health and safety.
The school uniform policy is an integral part of the school's commitment to equality and inclusion. The governing body believes the school uniform policy allows all pupils to establish a shared identity and celebrate what they have in common, whilst respecting diversity. If you wish to buy uniform with the school badge on then it is available to order online - Click here . Friends Of Bosworth School (FOBS) has a collection of second-hand uniform that has been donated to them. Please contact the office to find out more information.
- Long grey trousers or Grey A-line or pleated skirt / pinafore of reasonable length
- White or blue polo shirt
- Burgundy school sweatshirt with/without school logo
- Burgundy fleece with school/without logo
- Red and White checked summer dress.
- Grey or black socks or grey tights or plain white or grey socks.
- Black school shoes – No Trainers or Boots unless inclement weather
Class 1 children should have a pair of wellington boots in school.
Vests can be worn by the children but they must not protrude from the short sleeve of the polo shirt. If long vests are worn they will need to be covered by wearing a fleece or sweatshirt.
Long hair should be tied back at all times.
To consist of:
- Pair of conventional navy blue shorts
- Navy blue tracksuit or jogging bottoms.
- White crew neck T- Shirt
- Plimsolls for indoor PE
- Trainers for outdoor PE.
Some after school clubs may require additional kit for example shin pads are essential for football club. Any additional kit will be indicated on a separate letter to parents.
P.E. KIT TO BE KEPT IN A SCHOOL P.E. BAG
JEWELLERY AND MAKE UP
Children must not wear makeup or nail polish. Earrings should be of a stud variety and will need to be removed or covered before PE and swimming. Children will need to manage this independently. No other jewellery should be worn. A watch is not considered to be jewellery.